Making Waffles For Kiwi Birds


Making Waffles for Kiwi Birds

This story starts in a forest with a kiwi being chased by a very inconvenient cat.

“Honestly, I'm going to be late for work” thought the kiwi and at that moment the inconvenient cat got distracted ran the other way.

‘What luck! The cat ran away and I am right outside my workplaces’, thought our
hero, the kiwi.
Unlike most kiwis this one works for a dodo, but not just any old dodo, an ingenious dodo.

“Hello Mr Dodo” said the kiwi happily,
“Works closed for good”, said Mr Dodo grumpily
“What!”, exclaimed the kiwi and got so annoyed that he sprouted wings and flew away.
This is something he did when he was mad.

So kiwi set off to find a new workplace.
He flew into the city and to his own surprise he discovered the ‘Waffles 4 Kiwis Company’ with a sign on the widow that said, ‘Now Hiring’.
‘Great’, he thought excitedly and went inside.
“Hello how can I help you” said a magpie at the counter.
“I would like a job”, said the kiwi hopefully.
“Ok” said the magpie and went to see if his boss agreed.
He came back a few minutes later with an answer. “He agrees and wants you to start working immediately”, said the magpie.
“Great” replied the kiwi and went happily into the kitchen to start his new job making waffles for kiwi birds.
Later that day when kiwi was flying home he thought to himself, ‘I've had a pretty good day’ and there he was thinking it would be bad.

The moral of this story is: even when you are having a bad start to the day, you can still turn things around.


By Michael Taylor (Grade 4)

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!