Kokoda Track

Kokoda Track
Tuesday 7th July, 1942


Dear Mum and Dad ,
We just arrived at the Kokoda Track and haven ,t slept for 1 week . I just want some sleep. And don't forget we are fighting the Japanese for you and A ustralia.
Some of my lads died or were injured . The Fuzzy
Wuzzy angels saved them . We had to head to the ridges, and it was dark like black ink and then it started to go KABOOM!! The japs found us and I got shot in the leg , but I am OK .
I could hear bombs and guns and people calling out help . I feel terrified that there are people killed all around me and it is disgusting and terrible. Atleast I,m not dead ! We are so grateful that we have those Fuzzy Wuzzy angels.

Kokoda Village
Wednesday 8th July ,1942
Dear mum and dad,

It is sometimes as quiet as mouse, then everything around me goes KA-BOOM!!!!!

Now everything is as loud as thunder and lightning. A bomb went off. Some of the lads got killed, but Bill is still with usĀ·
This is the worst thing I,ve ever done in my life. Finally w e can have some sleep.
The japs have not yet bombed Kokoda Village. I,m getting scared, but I,m ok.
Sincerely,
your son John

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!