A Christmas Surprise


One cold christmas night, on christmas eve Sasha, Jasmine and Chloe were hanging up there christmas stockings underneath the fire place with their grandma waiting for her mum and dad to come home from Chicago.

Then suddenly grandma got a phone call from the girl's parents saying that they have been snowed in at the airport, grandma and the girls were shocked. They ran up to there rooms in tears with the thought that their parents might not be around on christmas day.

Grandma did not want the girls to spend their christmas like this so she set up the fireplace and called out Sasha Jasmine and Chloe come downstairs. Grandma said cheer up I have a special treat s'mores and marshmallow.Grandma asked the girls what has been your favourite christmas?

Sasha was the first to respond,, she told her grandma and sisters her favourite christmas memory. Was when they had a snowball fight and when she received her first bike it was purple with sparkly streamers.

Jasmine favourite christmas memory was when the family went out on christmas eve to see the christmas lights and when she received a barbie ballerina doll.

Chloe was the last to respond her favourite christmas memory was when they decorated the christmas tree and when she received a beautiful pink flower headband.

Everyone was so pleased to hear the christmas memories it cheered them up.So grandma decided to go caroling.Grandma told the girls to put on there jumpers, scarves, mittens, beanies and boots and just as they went outside it started to snow.

Grandma decided instead of going caroling she said why don’t we have some fun in the snow.The girls were having so much fun building snowmen making snow angles even a snowball fight.The girls were having a fabulous time they even forgot that there parents were in Chicago.

Grandma almost forgot about christmas dinner they all raced to the inside took off there clothes ran upstairs to get changed into her pyjamas went downstairs turned on the oven and got out the recipes.

The dishes they all decided to cook were turkey, stuffing, cauliflower and pomegranate salad, mashed potato, green beans, toasted bread rolls, christmas pudding, vanilla ice cream, custard and brandy butter it took them three hours.

After a long amazing night it was time for to go to bed.Grandma tucked in the girls and read the Twas the night before christmas and gave them a kiss goodnight.The girls were hoping that their parents would come home just in time for christmas morning.

It was christmas morning the girls were exhausted but the girls were jumping for joy and screaming seeing their parents.




FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!