New Adventures


Jackson packed his bag and pretty much everything he owned and put them in the taxi. “Ding,Dong!” The doorbell chimed, Jackson ran to the door, “I'm here!” Marcus, his best friend yelled. The two boys ran to the car and shut the door. They boarded the flight to Athens, Greece and hours later they arrived. “Let's walk around the streets first with the tourists!” Jacksons mum cheered, as the boys were walking the approached a shrine, it was for Zeus, the God of the sky. Jackson ran his hands along the detailed stone and fell. “Ahhh!” He screamed, Marcus was not far behind when, “Crash, Bang!” The boys hit the ground with a loud thud.

It was a cramped, dusty cave full of cobwebs. “Where are we?” The boys whispered in confusion, there was a narrow walkway at the end of the small room, Jackson and Marcus cautiously walked towards it. They heard nothing except their footsteps echo through the narrow hallway. “What's that?” Marcus questioned, “Where?” Jackson asked, he saw it. A 10ft tall white silhouette of a man, he wore a white chiton and a wreath of lightning. “What are you doing here!?” Zeus yelled in confusion, it took awhile for the boys to realise what was happening, but when they did try to explain, it work out well. “Venti!” He yelled, suddenly to thing that looked like wind spirits. “I have some, problems…” He spoke those words like they needed to be gone. “On the count of three, we’re going to run” Jackson whispered, “1,2,3.”

The boys ran, unfortunately, seconds later the venti chased them. “We’re trapped!” Marcus puffed, clearly out of breath. “No, there must be another way!” Jackson said with determination. Jackson saw a hint of light and ran towards it, Marcus followed, not sure if his friend was feeling alright. The light was growing stronger and bigger. It was a silhouette of a woman. She wore a white and gold chiton and a bronze wreath. “Hello boys, I see my husband is very angry!” Hera exclaimed, “Come in my chariot and I will take you back to your families!” She continued. The boys didn't have to think twice, they ran to the chariot and took off.

They arrived seconds later and to their surprise, nobody had moved, they were still at the tour. “I guess we should just play along!” Jackson said in a surprised manner,
“Yeah, I guess we will!” Marcus replied. The two boys walked along the mysterious streets of Greece, wondering what else could be hidden, just waiting for them to find it.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!