Kevin's New School

Once upon a time there was a young boy called Kevin. Kevin was a nice boy and liked to play sport. His favourite sports were cricket and football. He had a lot of friends to play with. But one day he had to leave the school and go to a new school. He was sad, he enjoyed his School. He begged his Mum and Dad to stay at this school, but his Mum and Dad said no.
So Kevin asked “Why are we leaving?”
“Because Dad has got kicked out of his work,” his Mum replied.
“How did he get kicked out?” Kevin asked
“He did something wrong.”
“What did he do wrong?”
“He accidently wrote a mean message. He didn’t mean to write it.”
“When are we leaving?”
“We are leaving in 2 weeks.”
“Where are we going?”
“We are going to Perth.”
“What!” exclaimed Kevin “All the way to Perth, that will take ages to get there. What about the dog? Will we sell him?”
“No, Cherry is part of our family, we can’t leave him here all alone.”
Two weeks later they were on the plane to Perth. It was a long flight across the Nullabor but they made it. When they got there, it was very late so Kevin’s family went straight to the house and settled into their new home.
The next day was a school day and Kevin was very nervous. He did not know anyone there when he got to his classroom. He quickly realised that it was not that bad. All the children were really nice to him. Kevin’s new teachers name was Miss Ronald, she was very funny and friendly.
At recess, two boys asked him if he wanted to play football. Their names were Ted and Jack. He said yes so they all started to play football together. After recess, they went to science. Their science teacher’s name was Mr Swan. Mr Swan was a very good teacher, they learnt a lot with him. At the end of the day, his mum asked how was school?
Kevin said “Good.”
He was looking forward to school again tomorrow.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!