Left Behind

Long ago, a deserted puppy was lost in a storm. She searched endlessly for a home until a lovely girl named Annie slowly stroked the pups fur from head to tail. “It’s ok now. You’ll be safe with me” Annie assured her. Gently she brought her home and named her ‘Sparkle’ because of her most peculiar twinkling eyes.

After night had passed, Annie took Sparkle for a stroll. Feeling proud of her owner she took care of each step she took. All too soon they were back home. “Squeak” sounded the front door as it opened.

Weeks happily past until the most tragic event happened. Annie would not only move house, but country. “Please can we stay? Do it for Sparkle” implored Annie but the only answer she got was, “No.”

As soon as it was time for Annie to leave, Sparkle was so destined to follow Annie, she hid in her bag on the plane. Although she felt lonely and extremely hungry, she knew never to give up.

When they arrived at there new house, Sparkle jumped out and surprised Annie with joy. From that day on, both owner and pet knew they would have a pleasant, peaceful and cheerful life together!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!