Jack Starts School

Jack starts school
Short story by Chanel Mulipola Grade 3
One day there was a little boy named Jack. He was 6 years old and he was too young to go to school because his parents thought he was too young.
A few months later Jack asked his parents if could please go to school now and his Dad agreed.
He had a very nice teacher and all of the kids in the entire school loved her and they loved listening to her. Her name was Miss Casey.
“Hello class, we have a new student please make him feel welcome. His name is Jack.” Explained Miss Casey.
“Now, who likes reading?”
Jack was the only one who put up his hand.
“We are now going to go to the Library!”
Jack was excited because he really loved reading. His favourite novels are written by the author Rohal Dahl.
The class waited for Jack to come back from choosing a book. He was looking for a Rohal Dahl book but he couldn’t find the one he wanted so he chose a book by Andy Griffiths instead.
“Times up,” said Miss Casey, “We are going back to our classroom”.
As they were walking back to the classroom, Jack noticed a strong, tall man with slick shinny hair, wearing a black business suit and carrying a black briefcase. Jack wondered who that might be. Maybe it was Rohal Dahl – he’s a tall man.
After school as Jack was walking home, he spotted a shiny blue light blinking from a distance. As he got closer and closer the blue light got brighter and brighter. He was very curious and excited about what this blue light could be.
Jack slowly picked up the object and whispered to himself. “Hmmmm what is this thing?”
Jack quickly looked around and then grabbed the object, it was a watch. He put it in his pocket and ran home to examine it properly.
The next day Jack remembered seeing the tall man with a shiny watch on his wrist and he went looking for this man during lunch-time. Jack found the man in the courtyard and went up to him and asked if the watch he had found belonged to him? The strong tall man replied with a happy smile on his face.
“Thanks buddy, yes it is.” The man said.
Jack was very happy because he knew that he had just done something good.
Later on that day he received an award for being honest from the school principal. The principal was the tall man he’d seen the previous day.
After school he ran home and told his parents about the award. The tall strong man with slick shinny hair, a business suite and a briefcase told Jack that the watch has a GPS and that if you are going to the shops and one of your brothers or sisters wonders off, you can just look at the watch. You will see a red spot which shows where you are and a green spot which will be the child who has wandered off. If it is a dog that has wandered off the dot will be brown.
The watch costs $42 but can be bought for less on the website.
Jack decided to look at the website and buy one for his Dad. He found the exact blue watch for only $20 and he bought it for his parents so if Jack ever lost his Mum or Dad, he could look at their watch and follow the green spot.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!