Eddy's Big Adventure

Boom! “What was that”, said Eddy Emu, as the ground shook like thunder. I’m going to find out he thought.

So he packed his bag. Believe it or not, for lunch and dinner he packed two packets of Tim-Tams for his big trip.

Oh no! He had only taken one step when he realised the road was flooded. And there was no way he was going to get his feet wet. He thought he had the most beautiful feet in the world.

So he tried the next day. Finally it was not flooded, as Eddy Emu walked out the door, a pack of crocs were out the front. The crocs were toothless but still they looked terrifying. Eddy ran back inside and slammed the door.

The next day was perfect. No floods, no crocs and the sun was out. So he grabbed his bag and shut the door behind him.

Walking in the bush with all the vines and trees made him feel so amazed at all the sights.

Soon it was night, so Eddy put his tent up. And went straight to bed. He was so exhausted he forgot to eat dinner!

He woke up the next day and read his book, ‘What Bumasaurus is that?” After he read his book he made some breakfast. He had eggs on toast with some bacon. Then he set back out for his trip.

He only took one step then….BOOM! There was the noise again. Then he realised it was his shoes! There was a rock stuck in the bottom of his right shoe!?

And that is the story of Eddy’s big adventure!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!