Sarah

Jumping, running, I sprint towards my new house. What I have done?
My name is Paige. I have just made the worst choice in the world. I had a choice of living with my stepmother or go to a foster home. I chose foster home. That was the most-empty headed choice I ever made!
Diving into my bed, I realise that my choice of going to a foster home was brain dead. I have a new parent, who is crazy. Sarah, the foster parent, asked me if I want ice-cream for breakfast. How unhealthy is that? (By the way I’m a health freak!) I had to make the great escape from Sarah. I climb back out my window and run down the street, I see the police. I wave. Apparently waving at the police is and offence, so they came at me, fast. I bolt all the way to a hairdressing shop where my step mum works.
“Help me! I want to come and live with you.” I said in a really fast voice.
“Wow, where did you come from?” thought my step mum Nerisa.
“I want to live with you now!” I YELL.
“Please??”
Walking towards my new house I start to unpack all my mess with Nerissa. I look to see if my bracelets and necklaces are here.
“They’re gone”…
SARAH!
“My real mother gave me $3000 worth of jewellery. Now Sarah has taken it all.” I tell Nerissa.

“Where do we start to look? She could be anywhere by now. What do we do! Help Nerissa!” I say panicking!
“Let’s go to the police station and track her down.” exclaimed Nerissa.
Sitting in the car, I start to wonder what Sarah might have done with the jewellery. She could have sold it, she could have traded it. I start beginning to panic.
“Nerissa, how will we tell the police that I have 3000 dollars’ worth of jewellery missing?”
“We will just fluke it and see how it ends up.” pouted Nerissa.
Walking up to the old, mossy and dark building I see a glimpse of a shadow. I walk up to the police station door and pull it open.

“Hello, is anyone here? Where is every one?” I say.
“What do you want,” a man says in a very cranky voice.
“I said what you want!” The man yelled.
A Sarah Jerimiah, stole my jewellery. $3000 worth. She was my foster carer for 7 hours, then I ran away from her and came back to live with Nerissa, my step mother.” I said in a rushed voice. “
“Sarah! Did you say Sarah Jerimiah? We just caught her this morning. She tried to rob a jewellery shop. But she had no jewellery with her. We don’t know what she has done.”
Walking to where I used to live for 7 hours, I look through the house. There was a draw that had a padlock on it. I kicked it and there was a bag….

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!