Never Give Up

If you woke up one day and someone told you that your life was going to end, would you believe them?
Last month I was at gymnastics when my coach realised that there was a lump on my back. My coach told my mum and my mum was worried so she took me to the doctor. The doctor was concerned so she told my mum to take me for an MRI at the hospital.
Once the MRI was over the nurse told us to sit in the waiting room while she looks at the results.
It took a long time so I eventually fell asleep. The nurse talked to my mum about the results while I was asleep and once the nurse had finished talking to my mum, my mum took me home and I stayed asleep all night.
In the morning when I woke up my family was standing at the foot of my bed with sad looks on their faces. I didn't know what was going on so I asked my mum. She sat next to me and told me the really bad news. I was diagnosed with leukaemia. When she told me I didn't believe her until she showed me the results with the nurses signature. I had to stay in hospital for a few months so that meant that I couldn't go to school, I couldn't do gymnastics and worst of all I may have never seen my friends again.
It had been 2 Months since I was diagnosed with leukaemia and I had already done 6 rounds of chemotherapy. It makes you feel so sick.
My least favourite day was when I started losing my hair. It was coming out in clumps. I really missed my hair. It was blonde, long and curly. It was my dream hair.
7 months had pasted since the chemotherapy started and I was getting sick of just lying in bed and doing nothing. I guess I was getting better though
Then one day out of nowhere I heard the best news ever. I only had 2 Months until I had finished chemotherapy and then I could go home! I was so exited. But I wouldn't be able to go back to school until they were sure that all the cancer was gone.
Then my favourite day came. I was going HOME!!!!!I was so happy. I had to go back to the hospital in a few days later to do another MRI to check if there was any cancer left.
Once again the nurse took ages to check the results so I feel asleep.
When I woke up in the morning my family were at the foot of my bed but this time they looked happy. I didn't need to ask anyone what was going on because my mum was holding up my school uniform.
At school everyone welcomed me back and they were so happy to see me back at school. Especially my BFF Kelsea.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!