Saving Sandra

Let’s begin,
Once upon a time there lived a time traveller who had a secret portal connecting to the
year 1885 (The Wild West, America). Her name was Sandra Smith Bilby and she had a best friend named June Avalon Zacroft. June didn’t know that her friend was secretly a time traveller.
A few years had gone by and the girls had grown up, now they were in year 7 at school. The girl’s friendship had grown over the years, but June had a feeling that Sandra was keeping a huge secret from her, she just didn’t know what it was! June felt that Sandra was tearing away from her and she was getting more distant from June!
‘Mitch?’ Miss Anderson called out to the class as she took the roll one morning. ‘Here,’ said the boy.
‘June?’
‘Here.’
‘Sandra...? Okay, still not here,’ said Miss Anderson.
‘I can’t believe it!’ thought June, ‘One week and yet Sandra is still not here! I’ll call into her place this afternoon and see how she’s going.’
That afternoon June walked from school to Sandra’s house.
When she arrived, nobody was home. The door was open a crack, so June walked cautiously inside. As June walked down the hallway, she felt the ground vibrating beneath her feet. The more she moved and whenever she turned in different directions, the vibrations became stronger. June felt the vibration heading through her body, tingling from her toes to the top of her head, getting more intense with every step she took. June followed the intense vibration, which led her into a dark, mysterious small room.
In the room, there were numerous high technology gadgets, computers and much more unidentified objects June had never seen before in her life! In the centre of the room stood a large, spirally, oval shaped portal. June had to shade her eyes from the extreme bright light the portal was radiating. She was quite overwhelmed by all the many different objects that surrounded her. ‘Sandra must be inside the spirally portal thing,’ June thought as she turned back and faced the portal opening.
June entered the portal, her body shaking with every step she took. This was going to be an adventure of a lifetime. June was instantly surrounded by a strange... To be continued...

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!