Kingdom Come

The Kingdom of Drendarith was at fault and the inevitable was to come. The council glanced at one another, waiting someone to break the deathly silence. No one dared to speak for they knew what is to come. The council was no longer an option for the king. He could not run nor hide. The king was left clueless until the war to come.
The kingdom had no clue of what the king knew, the people of the kingdom remained anxious. The townspeople were of no status to talk to the king nor help him as the king did not care about the ‘ordinary people’ as he thought they were no use to him.
The prince, Prince Percival was at the castle top gazing upon the beautiful landscape that surrounded the kingdom. A gentle breeze from the east came upon the kingdom, the trees swayed and the leaves rustled and fell. He, the heir to the throne, cared deeply for the people that inhabited the kingdom and wanted to change the laws but he knew that only time; and waiting takes time and time was something Percival did not have.
As night fell, Percival , rushed through the kingdom, as silent as a mouse. Although he was out of the kingdom, he was confronted by the royal guards. Percival had no choice but to take their lives for he believed it was for the greater good of the people. Without further hesitation, he feld under the disguise of night and fled the kingdom.
At the crack of dawn, the king was filled with anxiety when he found his son, out of sight in his chambers. He ordered guards to search for him in the kingdom, but all plans failed. Obstacles constantly came his way, with no way around. He had nothing but the option to send guards out of the kingdom to search the surrounding areas.
As Percival wandered through the forest, gathering supplies for the night. He was unaware that he was being tracked down by the royal guards. As he continued walking, he heard a rustle in the bush to his right, beside a dead tree. “*rustle *rustle”. The bush did not stop. Out of great suspicion, he slowly approached the bush with caution.”*rustle *rustle” it continued. He peeked into the bush only to find nothing, but only to find out that the wind was to blame. The strain on the prince’s heart was heavy and he knew helping the people was right. As he continued through the forest, he found a very large plain’s field. He knew what he needed to do and what burdened him. Over the course of many, many years, the kingdom was being built. He told travellers passing by what he ought to do. As the foundation was laid, the kingdom rose and flourished into a wonderful city. Years and years passed by and before Percival died, he knew that the burden was lifted and his life was forevermore, accomplished, Kingdom of Pacem.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!