The Flicker

It all started in my bedroom when I suddenly heard the sound of an engine approach the house across the road. I jumped out of my seat and rushed to the window. I felt a sigh of relief when I saw that it was only a truck. I was curious about that house and the truck that went through the drive way there was something suspicious about the man in the truck. Something weird inside me told me to go outside so I went outside and I saw just an ordinary man. That night I thought about that man and how strange it is to come to a hunted house. Suddenly out of nowhere there was a light at the window that flicked, I got up and went to the window then I saw a huge crowd standing impatiently waiting to know what the light was. Then the police got involved in the situation and then I knew it wasn't good. The police barged through the crowd pushing people over, even me. Then the police knocked on the door and "said" open up, no one answered. They said it again, no answer, then they barged in and no one was there apart from a glowing light. The police said they were going to examine the light and every one could go back to their houses safely. I was still so curious about the light inside the house, what could it do. The next morning I got up and the police were at the house across the road they seem to be from Italy, lucky I could speak Italian, they said he was a murderer and they were trying to catch him for years that was the end of that man and now it was back to normal.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!