New Kid

One scorching summers day. One new school. One new kid. That new kid was is me. I slowly shuffled towards the dusty, towering gates.“Different.” I murmured to myself. I pulled out my phone from my bag and sat on the bench while waiting for school to start.

BRING!!! The bell pounded in my ear. I quickly ran to the classroom, hoping that no one would notice me. Then I looked back at the classroom number on my phone, year 5A. 5A? Who calls their classroom 5A? Anyway, I looked at the map on my phone and quickly found my new classroom. “Different.” I said to myself again, while I entered the door.

“Class we have a new student,” said Ms Fatima (my new teacher). “Please welcome Lucy.”

Everyone’s heads turned towards me, while I sat there as still as a rock not saying a word.
Then everyone turned to the person next to them and started whispering as fast as lightning. I couldn’t wait for lunch.

After two hours of torture Ms Fatima said it was lunch. I honestly couldn’t wait to escape all the others. Since I came from the city I had no idea what to do.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!