Sausage

Once a fish lived in a stream, and she was the smallest fish of all. She often got teased. One day she became famous and this is how it happened.
One ordinary Saturday, a family of four went for a picnic right near the little fish’s home. The youngest girl in the family got a lovely fresh hot sausage, and suddenly a kookaburra swooped down and grabbed the sausage! The sausage was too hot, so the kookaburra dropped the sausage down into the stream! A platypus tried to get the sausage, but a croc was heading in the other direction, for the sausage. With a kookaburra above and a croc and a platypus heading for the one sausage, it was chaos! But the kookaburra missed. So, did the croc and the platypus. Under the water, the little fish heard the cry of the little girl and wanted to get the sausage for her. The little fish knew the danger, but she tried. All the animals missed, because the little fish quickly grabbed the sausage. As she rapidly swam to the edge of the stream, the little girl went to see where the sausage went. The little fish proudly gave the sausage back though she really wanted to eat it. While the commotion was going on under the water, the little girl ate another sausage. Being unsure as to how hygienic the returned sausage would be, she fed it to the animals. The little fish got most of it though. Now the little fish is famous with everyone, even with the humans. That year, the little fish even got crowned as queen of the river, even over the croc.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!