A Change Of Hearts

The first time I saw him was in grade three, and I knew that he had to be mine. His name was Jordan Craig and I had fallen hard.
Three years had gone and I was crushing to the point that you could call it love, although any adult would say it was ridiculous. One afternoon I waited for him to go to the front gate and I told him the way I felt, but he just laughed before telling me to stop joking around. I almost broke, for three years I liked him but he took it as a joke. What a fool I was, to actually think he would like me back.
Life is ridiculous, and that is exactly how I felt. He had always been a player, everyone knew that, yet so many girls fell under that demon’s spell, just like me. When he wanted to end a relationship he would always say that he was dared to or that he didn’t want to get too serious or that he just wasn’t into the relationship.
After that I was always cold to him, whenever he asked me something I would be straight forward and walk away most of the time I would turn the other way when I saw him. Who would expect that that weirdo would like my attitude, and come and bother me whenever he saw me.
I was so annoyed and really wanted to punch him in the face so hard that he would look like a panda. Every day he would come to bother me and I would walk away, we repeated this until graduation. He said “Rose, I like you do you like me back?” I stared at his face, the face I had liked for three years, the face that once rejected me. “I don’t know,” I said, before walking away.
It’s been seven years, and now I’m married with the world’s most annoying man, that had confessed to me fifteen times before I said that I liked him back. Although I have to admit I was sort of happy the first time he confessed to me and how he stopped being a player just to make himself a better choice than all the other hundreds of guys on the world. Though the one thing that I regret is not making him look like a panda.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!