Edward Millers

My name was Edward Miller.
I lived in the country 30 miles from town with my mum, dad and my five-year-old sister.
I was 7 when the Men took me from my family, my mum got shot while protecting my sister and my dad got taken to the army. My sister was gone, dad got take to the war and mum… died crying, I was getting taken to the city to work in a factory. From then I was no longer Edward.
When I got to the factory I was feed breed and water, then to work I went. My job was as a Scavenger I had to get under the machines and clean the gears and cogs 14 hours a day 7 days a week, I had a chance to get crushed or mangled that’s how I got my name, Maggots. I even got feed the same things that maggots old porridge and a piece of bread.
One day 8 years later, my right arm got crushed under a machine and I could not continue! So, they throw me by the river out in the street to die…
I woke up a couple day later and found myself in a nice bed, nice room, next to me was a clean glass of water and some corn and cooked meat. I went to pick up the glass to talk a drink but I found my arm was gone. Just then a man came in to my room, I did not recognise who he was, but I had to many questions to ask.
After the talk, I found out that this man was a friend of my dad named Thomas brown, but he said that my dad did not make it and told him to find me as so as possible, Thomas said he found me by the river with an arm, shredded and broken so he got it amputated.
From then on, I live as a middle class and moved to Australia, were I got a decent education a nice bed with nice food in a nice house. I still worked but, it was with Thomas in the marked. From there I had a life.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!