We Are The Puppets And They Are The String


Waves come crashing down, pulling me under. Memories churn down throat, suffocating through me.
Can’t breathe.
I run, twigs snapping underfoot.
Have to escape.
They’re coming and when they come…. They’ll come like the rain, thundering down, like the wind in a storm.
Their aim, to flush us out.
To extinguish us from land, from the sea…. from the earth.
My heart skips a beat.
They’re here. They come, guns ready, alert at every moment, every breath.
I stop breathing.
They search, search for the innocent people they’ve been ordered to assassinate.
One.
They search for me, just like they searched for my parents.
Two.
They know they’ll find us; they know that eventually we’ll submit to the life that's been carved in stone for generations.
Three.
They can hear me breathing.
Four.
The life of a slave.
We are the puppets and they are the string.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!