Voice Of The Angels

A flash of light passes my brain as I remember a cold, icy voice. My eyes edge slowly to the jut in the wall. The voice of the angels pierces my heart as the air around me seems to suddenly freeze, stopping me in my tracks, sneering around me. "Rescue me, somebody! Help!" but my woeful screaming is no use against this tough, stone wall.The angels laugh, their deafening voice are enough to waken the dead. Only I, Millie North, can survive the conditions and diseases of this ancient, battered room. If only John was here, I would've escaped, but, no. John isn't here and I will never escape.

Since I'm the only survivor, the guards think I'm invincible, but that's just them. I was born in jail and basically live in jail. My mum was the one who decided to leave me in jail, but as cruel as this is,it was for the best. "I'm coming!!!" Cries out a voice. I scramble through the dust to peak out of the window. A figure with brown hair is climbing up the tower! It must be John! But before I can call out to him, he disappears.

It's been 1 day and I still haven't seen John, or whoever tried to rescue me. "Millie! it's me, John!" I look into the cabin beside me. " John!" I exclaim, smiling happily. But then I realize that he's tied up and chained to. I guess some stories don't have a happy ending!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!