Maria The Ugly Step Sister From Cinderella

It was just another ordinary day for Maria. Her twin, Sarina, was painting her nails bright pink and she was painting hers dark green. Then all of a sudden, out of the blue, her mother burst into the room and announced that she was getting married and they were moving into a man named Ben and his daughter, Ella’s house. This was bad news the twins agreed. They’re mother was always marrying someone for their money and then something bad would happen. The girls had always been treated badly and so have gained a rather bad attitude towards things. Sarina was the younger twin by 3 hours and that meant that she was treated better than Maria, though they were still both pretty bad.
It was moving day and Maria thought maybe she could become good friends with this ‘Ella’ girl. But when Maria saw how rude her mother was she hoped that possibly she could become close to her mum by being mean to Ella as well. Maria always made sure that Ella did all the jobs and soon decided that a better name for her was Cinderella. After her dad died Maria used this as an amazing opportunity to make things worse for Cinderella. Soon enough Maria and Sarina were spoiled rotten.
One day when Maria was at the hairdressers she noticed something odd. The prince was being drove down the streets of the town!! Then, to Maria’s surprise she saw him announce that he was going to decide who he was marrying at the ball on Friday. Maria smiled. He was her age and soooo handsome. But she had no chance, she was not beautiful. As she walked home she wondered if she should go or not. When she got home her mother was crying loudly and hysterically. But Cinderella was too busy singing, dancing and trying to get the animals attention to notice. She decided to ask her mother what was up. Her mother explained that their grandfather had had a stroke and they couldn’t afford to pay the bills for her grandfather to be visited by a doctor.
The words felt like a knife digging into her heart. She loved her Grandpa so very much and couldn’t bear to imagine life without him. It was then that Sarina and Maria decided that if one of them married the prince then they could save their grandpa.
On the night Cinderella was caught getting ready for the ball instead of doing her jobs and so was banned from going to the ball.
The night was going so well, Maria and the prince fell in love. Until another stunning young women came along and danced the night away.
The next day she heard that the girl was to marry the prince but only if they found her using her shoe size. Maria was too big and Sarina was too small. But just as they were leaving Cinderella admitted she was the one.
Then the prince and Cinderella got married. Thankfully Cinderella was kind enough to pay for the hospital bills and her grandfather got much better. She also grew closer to her mum and sister

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!