A Broken Sorrow

I shake with pain as the sound vibrates through my body. Behind me I hear glass break. No, not just glass. The window from and which my he was standing all too close to the window. I turn in time to see him falling, tumbling until he plunges and lands headfirst on the concrete driveway merely fifty feet below. I run to him.

"I wish very much that it did not have to be this way" I say to him softly."I have only loved you yet a short time and now you are almost gone..." My voice fades as I find it difficult to breathe.

"I'll find you again" he tries to talk but his words slur and his lungs fill with blood until he chokes and takes his last breathe. His eyes close and pain and grief begin to fill me...

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!