Unbreakable


I gave her a Smile. My cheeks ached, my eyes were still cloudy with tears. She lifted her chin and looked at me in awe, her golden eyes sparkling with tears. I had accepted my fate. There was nothing I could change. Death was coming and that was it. I had lost my battle. This was the end.

I grabbed her petite little hand with all the strength I had left. She thought I would be there forever. Whenever she fell I would pick her up. But life doesn’t work that way. I kissed her hand as I knew my heart was beating its last beats and that my life was concluding. She lay there next to me in my hospital bed.

“You won’t leave me will you?” My little sister whispered to me.
“Never,” I said knowing they were my last words. I took one more look at the stars outside the open window. I let the night breeze brush across my face. Smelling the fresh air I slowly let myself drift away.

My breathing slowed down…..

My heart beat its last beat…..

I let myself die calmly with no pain enforced. I knew I would be remembered. But as what? The thirteen-year-old girl who died of a chronic brain disease? The smiling kindergarten student on her first day of school? The school captain? A daughter and big sister? I wasn’t sure but I knew that my spirit was UNBREAKABLE!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!