Tale Of The Assassin

I climbed through the window into the hallway making not a single sound. I looked down the hallway, it looked almost exactly the same as the hall that I killed my sister in years before when I was five years old. I remember that night exactly as if it were yesterday.
I was training to be a witch assassin and only one of us could become the assassin. They told us to kill someone so that night I stabbed her through the heart I made not a single sound. The only thing she did was smile she knew that I would be the assassin and she was at peace. As soon as she died I felt a cold rush of pleasure at the kill. After she had died I killed the rest of the trainees in their beds. I flicked back to the present as I walked down the hallway. I could hear the servants on the floor below me. Walking to the door at the end of the hall I eased it open it didn't even squeal. Once it was open I went into the room extra careful not to make a sound. If they woke the plan would be ruined. My mission was to kill the baron and baroness because they had made a deal with us.
In return for giving them wealth we would get all their gem stones but they broke their promise and they would die now.
I reached the bed and looked at the sleeping baron and plunged my favourite knife into his heart. As the blade slid in he made a wheezing sound because the force of the blow knocked the air out of him as life left him the baroness leaped out of bed to the corner of the room. She scowled at me and started chanting spells of death but before she could say a protection spell I threw a knife at her and it hit her in the forehead, the blade bearing its self deep in her skull.
The blade was made of iron and iron burns witches. Only the very strongest of us can stop it from burning us. When I was in my teens I carved statues made of iron with my symbol on the bottom. When I had made a kill I would place the statue on the forehead of my victims and the iron would burn my symbol into their foreheads. I did this to instil fear into my enemies. The Baroness was a witch so that when she fell to the floor the iron burned her flesh and soon her whole body was a flame and the room was starting to burn as well.
I ran to the window in the hall and climbed out on to the wall and climbed up to the roof. My name is Megelin and I am the greatest witch assassin to have lived and with that I vanished.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!