Sarah And Her Violin

I was finally in France to show my talent for the violin. I was in my hotel room when I spotted a violin under my roommate’s bed. I was happy that she cared about violins like me and I was already planning on the songs we could play together. I got my own violin out and started tuning it. I did the four strings and then when I got to the last one, I started tuning it like I did to all the others when suddenly it went “Pop!” it snapped just like that, without any warning. I was nearly in tears as I remembered that I did not take spare strings. How could I have forgotten them? I could hardly think, because I knew the competition was tomorrow. I didn’t know what to do so I just sat there trying my best to think clearly when I had an idea. I had to ask Sarah to use her string. Just when I had planned what I was going to say, she came in. My hands heated up as I started talking.

“Um, Sarah,” I mumbled.

“ Yea, what?” she responded.

“Would I be able to have a look at your violin.”

“Sure.”

I opened the lid and took out the violin. I plucked the last string and that was all that mattered. It worked well. I mumbled my next words so quickly that she had to ask me to repeat myself.

“Could I please use your last string?” I repeated.

“Sure,” she replied.

That made me really happy. I made sure to invite Sarah for the concert and also pay for her entry fee. That I did.

Finally the big day arrived and I took out my dress and put it on. When I got to the concert I looked around, but there was no Sarah. When my piece was called I got onto the stage and then I saw Sarah walk in. She looked beautiful. That inspired me even more to do the best I ever would in my piece. Once I finished playing, I left the stage and sat down to listen to the rest of the songs. When the awards came, I couldn’t believe my ears, I came second. I was called up to receive my trophy with tears of joy in my eyes.

The time then passed quickly and all of a sudden, it was time to leave. I gave Sarah my email, a final hug and left. As soon as I got to the airport, my plane was called and I rushed to it. I fell asleep till it landed.

I then rushed off the plane and saw my parent’s car waiting for me. My parents were inside and I was so excited to tell them all about my trip that I just threw all the words out. I was very talkative on the way back home but slowly, I calmed down.

I don’t think I would have ever been happier with myself.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!