Rags

i see a sun. it rise slowly. i cant breathe. i see light. cover up sky. i am bad. i am lost. forever gone.

A young girl, rags covering her bony body, is curled up on a vandalised wall. She whispers hushed words to herself. I stare in awe and fear. I look away quickly.

i dont know. who this. my stomach pains. i feel sick. i feel sad.

What is this girl doing, in the city? She turns her neck, to look at me with her emerald eyes. She steadily starts to get up. I turn away. People walk past, not even noticing the poor girl at the other side of the road. I cough, fix my blazing red tie, and walk briskly past, just like everyone else. Except, I feel nasty.

why. i still hope?

Please, if you can, help a person in need. Be kind.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!