Maisy



Maisy

Matilda was standing in the wintery snow with her white boots and a red jumper on.She was looking at the grey, sky as it got darker as night was falling,she was also looking at the old little brown cottage she and old mrs Blakley lived in.As the night sky arrived, rain started to fall Matilda walked into the little brown house that she thought could probably be about 100 years old now , and told old Mrs Blakley that there was a storm coming because big black clouds where hovering over them, it was starting to rain and that she is going to have an early night,then she went to her dull, small room and crawled into her cozy,warm bed and fell into a deep sleep. BANG!!!

Old Mrs Blakley came running in as Matilda screamed.’’Are you ok Matilda”Mrs Blakley ,said.But not long after that Matilda was sound asleep in her warm bed once again.Later that night there was a sad bark that awoke Matilda.But Matilda just went back to sleep thinking she was hearing things.There was another sad bark but she didn’t wake up like she did before.

The next morning, there was a sudden “knock,Knock” on the door.Mrs Blakley went to the door and opened it,there was a man and a woman standing there. They were Mrs Blakely's friends.They were coming for morning tea and a chat about a party they were going to have for their daughter's birthday.Her daughter “Chelsea” was older than Matilda and was never really around and acted like spoiled brat that gets whatever she wanted.As Soon as the guests left Matilda ran out and looked on the wooden table, to see if there was any sweets or the amazing, choclate,creamy cake that mrs blakley makes on Tuesdays.When Matilda was scoffing the cake into her mouth, Mrs Blakley asked her if she would like too go too Chelsea’s party.Maltilda swolowed her mouth full,nearly spitting it all out, and answered her “no.I might just stay here.”Than Matilda watched Mrs Blakley walk slowly out the door.

When mrs Blakley was completely out of sight,Matilda ran into the woods were she had been playing, before that horrible storm came.As she ran past a bush she found some dog foot steps so she followed them.Matilda came to a couple of trees that had fallen down during the storm.Just as she was going to go home, she heard a dogs bark the bark sounded like the dog was hurt so she started to look under the trees,and there the dog was under the tree yelping for help.The dog was a border-collie, Matilda new that it was a border-collie because it was black and White and she had seen a picture before.

Matilda started to pick up the brown, forest tree that was leaning on the dog's paw.Matilda had to roll one of the brown ,forest trees off of the other one because she couldn’t pick the bottom one up.When the top forest tree was off she managed to lift the other forest tree with all of her strength leaving her arms saw and making her feel weak.Matilda ran to the dog that looked like it was in a lot of pain, and carried it back to her house.When she got back she put the courageous dog on the bench and while she was looking in the fridge for some juicy meat to give her when the door opened and there was a scream…”.AHHHHHHHH what is that dog doing in my house”,yelled Mrs Blakley.Matilda told Mrs Blakley everything. They went in the car and drove to the vet clinic.The surgery took three hours,after the vet fixed the paw up Matilda took her home.When they got home Mrs Blakley said “what are you going to call the dog?” “Maisie” Matilda replied.

Mrs Blakley had asked everyone in town if it was their dog they all said no.Mrs Blakley thought of the dog and how much Chelsea would like one but with a lot of convincing from Matilda ,Masie became Matilda's dog!After that day Matilda and Maisy did everything together and always waited at the door for Matilda to come home from whatever she was doing.The dog loved Matilda and Matilda loved the dog.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!