I Saved The World (again)

Jack’s ear was up against the speaker: literally. The news was on, and the volume was low. He gave the clock on the wall through the doorway a quick glance. Seven O’clock. Breakfast time.
He was just about to get up and turn the television off when he heard something from the speaker.

Earthquakes have been discovered around the globe. Strange creatures are coming out of the ground. Scientists believe they are robots made by an evil genius.

Suddenly, the screen went blank. The sound stopped. A gigantic stone monster clad in armour rose from behind the television, knocking it over. In its chest was a glowing emerald. A second later, he was slammed to the floor.
“Jack!” came a stern voice from no-where. “What on earth is going on?!? Breakfast is ready!”



Jack woke up in an enclosed room of stone. On one wall was a torch that was glowing and another was in fact not a wall but bars with a monster behind them. To the left of him was a mouldy, wooden door. He opened it. Disappointed to find a toilet, he closed the door and then turned to the monster. It looked quite alive. Jack sat down and sighed.
In the past, I’ve had to save the world from a piranha, tornado, smelly sock and a bomb in the core of the earth, he thought. Now this?
Then Jack got an idea. Reaching into his pocket, he revealed his lucky badge that he won at school. It used a paperclip to pin on fabric.
He stretched it out until it looked like a wonky needle. Exactly what he was going to use it for.
“Hey, you!” he yelled to the monster. It turned around and glared at him.
“What do you want?” it said in a snarl. Jack threw the clip straight at the monster’s chest.
When it hit, there was a blinding flash of light. Jack covered his eyes. When he opened them, there was nothing but a key lying on the floor. Grinning, he pushed it into the lock.



A few hours later, all was different. Jack got up to ground level and was sprinting to his front porch. He saw his surfboard up against the wall, but took no interest in it. What he was interested in was getting inside.
Suddenly, from behind his house, rose a huge monster! It was fifty feet tall, and though being large, its emerald chest was quite small. From its jaws, a huge wave of water came straight at Jack. He grabbed his surfboard and held it in front of him. The monster was blown up by the water rebounding on the emerald.
Then something unexpected happened. The water grew up again into a sea of monsters! But, as their power source, the large monster, being gone, they shook violently, then exploded into dust.



Back inside, the news said,

The monsters have mysteriously exploded and cracks are sealing.

Jack grinned. Again.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!