Nazi

Nazi
I am John and I am a Nazi. I didn’t choose to be but they threatened me. I wanted to stay strong but they had my wife and daughter. Though I know that it isn’t an excuse for becoming a murderous villain.
So I got into the truck full of other men. They scoffed and laughed at my arms, I look down to realise that the others had muscles and I had nothing. I wave goodbye to Elenor and Bell, but they don’t move as if they have become a dead tree, moving silently in the breeze. Tears fell but so slowly and I soon realised of what I have become.
After spending time in the truck, we reach to a place where I presume is the camp. So I reached into my pocket but instead of my entry form, I found a locket. I flip it open to see my beautiful family right before my eyes again. Although the camp was full of people, nobody was smiling. It was full of screams and cries, so I blocked my ears, hoping it will help but it didn’t.
To my horror I was assigned to hang the people in the zebra pajamas. No wonder why no-one was laughing. The first person I had to hang was a boy around Bells’ age.
“uh, stop thinking about them” ,I yell to myself.
He whimpered like a dog except he didn’t quite sound like a dog.
Instead of the boy I saw Bell with a golden eyes and perfect smile. I waited there in silence, not knowing what to do. No matter how many times I get flogged, I will never betray my family. Minutes later, Lieutenant Hartwig started yelling at me. I didn’t listen, until I heard,
“we’ve got your wife and daughter!”
No I didn’t want them to be involved, but now they are. They said if I ever want t see them alive again, I had to kill a fellow Nazi. And by fate he had helped several Jewish families.
Silence then the red-faced Nazi yelled
“ I’ll kill them!”
And so I swiftly grabbed the rusty knife and ……….. Blood dripped down the handle and onto my hands. Hearing Bells' cry, I turn to see Elenor laying there, lifeless and her white dress no longer white. I sat there not wanting to see or hear anything.
There he died of shock and exhaustion. While his daughter before getting shot said;
“ I am Bluebell and I am a Nazis’ child. Because of Hitler, mummy and daddy were killed. I will see them again in the lovely rays of sunshine in Heaven.”
Her dress slowly turned red as she was falling into the hands of the devil. Everyone cheered hoping they wouldn’t be next.
Peculiarly, she regained consciousness, walked to the crowd and yelled
“ Long live justice, equality and freedom.”
And once again she fell into the clutches of the devil.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!