He Wasn't So Lucky

He pulled back the curtains to reveal a gloomy day with skies as dark as the mid of night. The damp walls and mossy bricks filled the air creating an almost unbearable smell, he walked out the front door and towards the street becoming closer and closer to what might be his last day. Hearing the cars zooming past gave him a sense of security now knowing that his lonely journey to work wouldn’t be dead silent and that if anything were to happen there would be at least one person to whiteness it, the man dodged the speeding cars safely crossing the street and looked up that the large building in which he would be spending the couple of hours, it was the building that he worked in. Once inside the building he greeted his co-workers and sat down at his desk after quickly making a cup of coffee, the man sipped his hot drink leaving a bitter taste, reminding him of the cruel world we live in. The rest of the day went by normally although for some reason it seemed to go by quicker than usual, and before he knew it, it was time to head home. He walked out of the building only to be met with darker clouds than that morning and downpour that felt like cannonballs were being dropped from the sky, luckily the man had brought an umbrella with him this morning, as he had predicted that the rain would come sooner or later. The road that was once busy this morning was now chaotic, as the man tried to dodge the cars he wasn’t as lucky as that morning.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!