That Feeling

Imagine a party pooper. With no friends, no smile and no sense of humour. Full of boredom, dullness and has no common decency for others. Well, that was me. The outlaw, the cast away. The downer, the loser. People exclaimed I didn’t have a bright side. But they didn’t know I had this feeling. A feeling that made me clench my fists hard; made me bring back the bright side; made me know I was secure. And this feeling made me believe, I, was destined for fame…

“Ding, Ding, Ding!” the school bell screamed.
‘Finally’ I thought to myself. This was my favourite time of the day. I think it was the same with everyone else. But for a different reason. Theirs was because they didn’t have to work but mine was because I got to go home and be alone. I loved being alone because that was when the feeling really spoke to me.

As soon as I got home I locked myself in my room and waited for the feeling. Patiently, Patiently. Till I heard my belly rumble. I searched the pantry like an explorer looking for a clue. Then I pulled down some chips and flopped on the lounge. My mum must have heard me creak the lounge because she stumbled down from the study and asked how my day was. As usual I said the words parents hate, ‘good’. Then, like a seagull she plucked a cheezel and strolled back to her study. So like her, I stumbled back to my room and something changed.

“ARRRGH!” I screamed full of fear. Yep, believe it or not there was sorceress in my room. She was holding a book and grinned evilly at me. Squawking like a magpie, I was going to sprint but she held me tight and said ‘end up’. I was confused till she turned my head to the mirror in my room and I was left in awe!

It was… It was me, but in a 3rd God, 3rd Knight, 3rd Human. Then I noticed something. SHE was the one who put this feeling inside me! Now you might have thought it would be cool to be 3rd God, 3rd Knight. But I wanted to be normal. So without hesitation, I pulled out my shining bronze mace and swung at her. But with her quick reflexes she teleported away and was behind me. How was I going to win!?

About 30 minutes of a silent fair battle I heard her mention the words fame and fortune. I wondered whether I could take this opportunity of fame and fortune. No, I can’t! Then this is where I shined. I smashed and hit hard with my mace and she forgot to dodge and I hit her hard in the heart. Literally. It left a hole, My powers went away and then decided to put an end to this personality I’m holding. This is a new life for Jacob Smith!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!