Darkness Falls

Within the depths of darkness, I am running for my life, trying to get the one thing that can destroy it. Why did it start that terrible night! It was stormy and dark and I remember tossing and turning in my warm and comforting bed. It was 2am yet I still couldn’t get some rest. I got out of the bed frustrated about the storm thinking of going downstairs and watching television with a mug of delicious, hot milk. As I warmed up the milk, I heard a KNOCK and then someone yelled “OPEN THE DOOR!!” Startled, I wondered who it could be, I slowly tiptoed to the large wooden door trying not to get heard and peeped out of the tiny glass in my door to see that my security troops were at the door. I slowly opened the door with the feeling of fear and yet curiosity, wondering ‘What the hell were they doing up here this late?’ They stormed in like bulls chasing a red coloured cloth, and they looked at each another in confusion. “Were strange things occurring?” “Were you under attack?” “Did it hurt you?”! they yelled. Confusion played roulette with my head, what thing? What attacked? What strange things? From my daze, I had finally answered “No! No! No!” “We’ve got to leave, there has been an attack on the whole security network by some sort of being!” Head of command Stephens shouted in a deep tone. I grabbed a few things from my soon to be abandoned home and walked down to my door, signalling them to lead the way. Suddenly there was a Bang! Crash! Boom!!! From the hallway, ‘GO! GO! GO!!!’ Yelled the Stephens, we ran to my big and remarkable glass window and without hesitation smashed through, jumping into the cold, freezing and stormy exterior. It was the Alien I was being warned about by the CIA. We landed and I yelled to my guards ‘I know what can destroy it! It is the laser gun that was in development’. We all started to run the long run. After 5 hours, we noticed most of the people were being evacuated. The sun had started to rise, glowing orange, red and yellow. We finally arrived at our destination and entered the magnificent lab. Scientists were hard at work with their shiny apparatus. I gained their attention and reached for the gun. They give the experimental ‘tech’ and I warm it up. It was amazing. It glowed green with liquid in the tubes connecting to the ammo. It was magnificent but also very heavy and big. Our mission to was to head back to our base and take the aliens head on. Will mankind be doomed?!?
!!!To Be Continued!!!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!