Haunted House

As the shadows changed, there was an auction being held at 12 Century Gothic Avenue. A lady in her late 20’s was the only person at the auction besides the auctioneer, so now the house was hers. Lady Martha had just moved into the area, and didn’t know that the house she had just purchased was known as ‘HAUNTED’ because of all the tragedies and deaths that had happened in that house. After the auctioneer hit his hammer on the magazine, he said “CONGRATULATIONS!! YOU HAVE BOUGHT THE HAUNTED HOUSE!!” Lady Martha then said, “What haunted house?” “Um, don’t worry. See you later madam!!” but before Lady Martha could reply, the man had sped down the road never to be seen again.
1 month later…
It was the first time today that Lady Martha could walk into the house, claiming it was hers. She was petrified and frightened to walk into the house that she now knew was haunted. As soon as she walked in, she could see the foggy air that was filled with evil spirits of all the souls of dead people. She then heard creaks and noises coming from above her. Minutes later, she heard a screech of something alive in the living room. As soon as she heard that, she ran out of the house as fast as a cheetah. She had to think of a solution, otherwise she wouldn’t have a house to live in and can’t afford another one. She also cannot sell the house because the market is down and nobody will buy the house as everyone knows is haunted. That is just great.
2 hours later…
Finally, Lady Martha thought of an idea to scare the evil spirits away forever so she can live a peaceful life like everyone else in the neighbourhood. Her plan was to buy some candles and light them so the evil spirits get overtaken by angels and good spirits so the house will be cleansed from all the evil spirits. She also thought if she opened all of the windows, some spirits might automatically make their way out of the house. So off she went to the shopping centre to buy some candles and some pepper spray for the rodent living in her living room.
Once she got back with her supplies, she lit all of the candles around the house and opened all the windows except the ones in the living room, where that wild animal was living, for now anyway. Lady Martha held the pepper spray in her hand fearfully, while she carefully turned on the light to reveal the mysterious creature….
It was an injured bird lying on the floor in the living room with what looked like an injured wing. Lady Martha then put a bandage on the bird and lit the rest of the candles.
3 days later…
At last, all of the evil spirits are finally gone!! Now Lady Martha can live in her new home happily. The end…

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!