That Day

That day was the Day. Well we didn’t know that until they came ‘The Germans’. Bombs fell from the sky, people’s bloody remains laying in peace. My name is Luke Plotting-ham, I am a 12 year old boy and this is my story. It was 1939 and as you can see the Germans were bombing my home city of London.
That Morning I was sitting in my class at school. When we heard a loud bang at the door. A voice called out in German. There was no time to hide, by the time I got under the desk the door came flying off its hinges. Bullets flying everywhere killing many kids. I ran out of the class and ran straight home.
Bombs falling around me, not knowing what I was doing, so I just ran for my life. The Axis Powers don’t care about their impact on our society. They ordered us to go to the square at once. At first I thought it was a trick to get everyone to come out and get killed but when I got out I found that there were no bombing planes to be seen and no scary soldiers with guns. The square was at its busiest in a long time. In the middle of the square there were English soldiers tied up. “Welcome everyone today there will be a few executions,” Shouted a German soldier. After that the Nazis started to fire one by one, the English soldier’s bodies falling lifeless on the ground. I was really terrified.
After 5 years we finally won the war. It’s now 1945 and they celebrated a lot. Wait why did I say they because I was really traumatised that night they ordered us to go to the square that I ran to the middle of the square begging to be shot so I wouldn’t have to remember that day. The Germans shot me straight in the head and I forgot everything about that dreaded night.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!