Lost In The Forest

The forest was dark and damp, the sky was black as ink and the trees swayed in the breeze. Lost in the forest I was, no idea how to get out.
It was 12 o’clock on a Monday. I left for Amelia’s house, my best friend. We were having the time of our lives when a silly idea of Amelia’s popped up. She had decided for us to take an adventure in the gloomy forest where there is no sun to shine through the forest. Amelia took my hand and headed to the forest. Our journey began. Amelia and I were walking fast trying to explore, that we had no idea where we were.
Lost in the forest we were, we roamed around worrying. I knew this wasn’t a good idea. We strolled around the forest again but little did we know we were going round in circles until Amelia mentioned that she saw a house that seemed disturbing and haunted every single time.
Amelia had another insane idea. She suggested going into the haunted house, so that we can rest on the bed. I knew this would end terribly but I just agreed. We both went in; I opened the rigid door and inside the house was grubby. It had hoary furniture and a staircase that seemed like it would collapse in any minute.
Amelia and I both laid on the old fashioned, dusty bed. After ten elongated minutes had past, we both decided to leave the haunted house and go back into the forest. As we took a step, noises came out of nowhere, creepy and eerie noises and then BANG! The door slammed shut! The roof started collapsing and the windows started breaking, millions of shattered pieces of glass was on the floor! We were trapped in the haunted house in the middle of the forest, alone, stranded, no one with us.
Amelia said, “Let’s get out from this window, make sure you don’t hurt yourself”
So we climbed out of the shattered window carefully and slowly, trying not to get hurt by the glass that was pointing towards us. We made it out of the haunted house, I was so glad but we still had to get out of the murky forest.
We walked around the forest, trying to find a way out. It felt like we had been walking forever, my legs felt like jelly and I had no energy left. I was exhausted! I sat down when suddenly I saw something. Turning back to Amelia I told her to follow me, and there a few minutes later we found ourselves on a street.
Amelia said, “How did you get us here on this street Emily?”
I replied, “well you see I saw this path of light, I decided to follow it and remember how you told me that there is no sun to shine through the forest well today I think we had a miracle.’’

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!