Saving The Airborne

Day 5 Normandy 1942,
We’ve lost too much from the one assault of Omaha beach. 50,000 dead and over 100,000 injured. The first airborne division has landed way off point. They are behind enemy territory and fighting for their lives to stay alive. We are sending a recon team to go the rendezvous point. The problem is there are MG42 nests all around the border and might have to fight our way through.

“Whoever wants to back out of this operation go now.” No one wanted to be known as a wuss, none of them backed out. They moved out at dawn, finding dead allies and Nazis along the way. Suddenly gunshots are heard and the recon team quickly move to cover. The hidden MG42 nest pounded the recon team and lost one man. They need to flank around and get the MG42 nest from behind. One of the soldiers of the recon team throw a grenade into the nest and blew those Nazis to pieces. The recon team couldn’t afford any more casualties they must reach the airborne division with at least ten men with them.

Day 6 Normandy 1942,
We lost a man with taking out that nest. Some of the men are getting scared of what’s ahead of us but all our men here still want to go on. We set up camp and saw how everyone was going about the mission all the soldiers were fine except for one man.
The recon team reach the rendezvous point and find nothing but a crashed plane and one dead pilot. The recon team kept moving and the airborne division can’t be far. BANG!!! A grenade blasts rings the soldier’s ears, Nazis shooting all round BOOM!!! A rocket hits the group of Nazis and those Nazis got blown to bits. The airborne division saved the recon team at the right time luckily.

Day 7 Normandy 1942,
Well the airborne division found us instead of us finding them. All of them seem to be in good shape but they lost men along the way. The airborne division thought they were left to die. I guess they were wrong. All the airborne were very thankful and all of them got back to the command center safe and sound. They were put on boats and sent back to their home but as for the recon team we still needed to get our men out of the concentration camps located in somewhere in the center of Normandy. This recon group is the best of the best and can handle anything in their way.

Day 8 Normandy 1942,
Our soldiers are stuck in this concentration camp which we know the location off. We are sending five groups of teams all men are armed with Thompson's or M1 grands. Hopefully this operation smoother than the last operation.

The soldiers moved out in the morning and found no signs of the enemy. But what they did found was something bigger.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!