The Day I Lost It

Hi, my name is Ella and I will be telling you about the day I lost it. And I know what you’re thinking. What is this it? Well this it is so gross, so dangerous, so just utterly disgusting. No I have said too much I will say more latter. MAYBE.
But first let’s talk about the day I found it. Well it started out as a normal day, safe totally not weird day without a care in the world. But that night it changed from your average thursday to a Thursday from hell and I was at my friend Jess’s house telling ghost stories to each other. But after about seven haunted tales Jess told one about a leprechaun that gave bad luck instead of good luck. And after that I nearly peed my pants.
On our way to school the next morning it was drizzling very lightly but that was beside the point we say a little, green leaf was moving in the breeze but not blowing crazy like the others. It was more just sitting there twerking around. We both agreed it was very strange and decided that it was very weird. We put both feet in front of the other and took a look. We bent over and moved it and it was just caught on a rock, nothing special here folks. Then I saw it a little leprechaun peeking out of the corner of my eye. It must of been under the leaf and just put the rock down then ran.
I ran over to collect it. I quickly put it in my pocket then Jess yelled “ I’m over here ya know!” I nodded and ran back to her with my pocket jumping along with me.
In class I had green sparks coming from my old, green desk. When I had to leave the classroom I shoved the lil’ thang in the purple T.P. and ran.
The day finally passed and as I walked home my teacher Mrs. Ballinger, appeared in front of me and she hannded me extra homework! ! I was shocked and surprised I thought she was the best teacher ever but clearly I wasn’t her favorite student. “RUDE!” I thought as continued to walk…
I fell into a huge, brown & smelly pile of DOGGY DO-DO!!! That was way worse than extra homework. It felt like steam was coming out of my ears. I ran home right away to wash it of.
I tripped on my shoes and landed on my bed! (At least it was there.) OK that last one wasn’t so bad but that's beside the point it happened. I looked in my pocket just to see if it was still there and it was standing there grinning devilishly at me. Then it hit me it wasn’t a story it was a reality!
I tried to get rid of the cursed leprechaun but it wouldn't leave. That night when I went to bed I could not sleep not even a wink. Then before I knew it it was dawn and the leprechaun was lost.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!