Fear

My heart was pounding. I looked back, and could see the tiger’s eyes flashing at me. I ran for my life, running past all the animals in the jungle and pushing the branches out of the way. The tiger was still chasing me, hunting for its food. I ran as fast as I could across the jungle floor.
I thought I saw an opening. I dashed quickly to the opening. When I got there, I just notice it was only the sun shining on the jungle floor. I stopped to catch my breath. The tiger was looking at me curiously. The tiger was ready to pounce, when a monkey appeared, swung me up into the tree above and threw me into the next tree. I could still see the tiger and the tiger could still see me. The tiger was trying to jump up but I was too high. There were lots of tiger scratches across the tree. I got scared. The tiger marks looked painful. I looked in the distance between the tree next to me and the tree I was on. I had an idea!
I thought to myself, ‘I can jump to that tree and the tree after that and the tree after that.’ I took the deepest breath I ever took, calmed myself and jumped! And I made it. I felt confident for the next tree. I made it again. Now I felt super confident for the next one. I jumped. I made it again. The tiger was chasing me along the trees. I took a deep breath for the next one because it was higher than the other trees. I jumped! I missed it. I fell to the ground with a big thud! I was face to face with a tiger.
The tiger licked his lips. ‘I looked delicious,’ he thought. So he took three steps closer to me, I got really scared. I closed my eyes and put my hand in front of me but instead of feeling pain, I felt comfortable. I opened my eyes with a big surprise! The tiger’s nose was touching my hands. I thought, if I would move, the tiger would attack. So I kept calm and stayed still.
After a while, the tiger stepped away. I thought I made friends with him, but then he growled at me. Then I noticed that he was looking at my shiny hat. I knew that I had to sacrifice my hat. I slowly took it off with a sob on my face. I handed it to the tiger sadly. I quickly had a last look at it for the last time and the tiger chewed it to pieces and threw it away. Then the tiger looked at me and walked away. Luckily I now I had time to look at my GPS and the exit was to my right. I looked right and there was my village. Then I went home to my hut. What an eventful day!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!