You Dropped Something

Big Tim was driving his truck along the long abandoned war grounds of WW3. Barbed wire lay everywhere, like worms that failed to burrow into the ground before the sun caught them. Many of these barbed wire worms had been cut by soldiers, many of which died in the process of doing so.

Crows were sometimes seen soaring above the shell torn battle fronts. These crows were never freed if they got stuck in the wire, because they symbolised the death and sacrifice of soldiers.

Big Tim was gazing at the many wire-bound crows when he came across an eagle, a majestic one at that. He halted the truck and jumped onto the turf. Running around to the back of the truck, he grabbed his wire cutters from his toolbox and set off in the direction of the eagle in the wire.
It was screeching crazily, shattering the eerie silence of the landscape around it.

Big Tim reached the eagle and immediately saw how unfortunate it was. It's leg had no skin on it, only flesh, covered in scarlet blood. The skin, or what was left of it, lay on the ground in a pool of blood. Big Tim started cutting immediately. The bird stayed still and quiet, as if it understood what it's saviour was doing. After only a minute it was done. The majestic bird left him a feather, then departed.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!