You Hate The Beach.

That boy is a furious storm and the rainbow afterwards. He is the tangle of your salty hair and the kiss of a sunrise. You hate the beach but you’ll stand in his sand. He’ll swim with you into the ocean and hold you down to drown. The ocean is made of your tears. You’re under the waves now, tumbling, while he cries with the clouds above. He’s harmful, heartless and hazardous but you don’t mind because when you wake up the next morning damp and with him by your side, he will feel like gentle waves caressing your sunken toes. That boy will whisper that he’s sorry with a soft kiss on your lips. He’ll taste like salt. You are the verisimilitude to his chicanery. He won’t look dangerous so you’ll forgive him even if you still feel the sting in your eyes and heaviness in your chest. Don’t forget who caused that nagging feeling of alert in the back of your mind. But you’ll get lost with him in the sheets like you did in the waves. Again.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!