Never Trust A Spell

You won't believe what happened yesterday. I was on my way to school when this creepy old man that I thought looked very much like a wizard, offered one wish. Cool! I thought. I told him I've always wanted super powers, and he just walked away. To be honest I felt kind of stupid, but when I woke up the next morning everything changed. I saw that I had overslept and knew I was going to be late... Again. I got ready pretty fast, and to my surprise when I started running, whoosh, I watched in amazement as the familiar town zoomed past me. Soon I was sitting in my usual spot with everyone staring at me. The teacher gave a suspicious glare then turned away. Wow! That 'wizard' was serious, I do have super powers! At recess I saw two teachers struggling to carry a huge speaker, supposedly to the stadium for the singing competition. I offered to help since I had nothing else to do. But they said they were fine, I ignored that and went ahead and helped. I lifted the speaker above my head, and the teachers stared in amazement. I decided to act cool. I casually ran like lightning to the stadium. Wow I have super strength! I hooked all the wires up, seems I'm smart now too. When I got home all of my energy was zapped away. What had happened? I had so much energy before! I got to sleep easily and when I woke up the next morning, I had all my strength back. I looked at the clock, I had overslept. Now that I can run like lightning, I can take my time getting ready. My mum kept lecturing me about how being late makes a bad impression, but I knew I was going to get there in time. While I was running at the speed of light, I thought I saw that old 'wizard' again. I stopped and walked towards him, no need to run, got plenty of time. "You really are the real deal!" I said. But he just walked past and muttered something about being careful because the spell wasn't complete. I cringed. Whatever, I thought. I ran to school and sat down at my desk. Then I had a thought, if I can run super fast, be strong and smart, why wouldn't I be able to fly? At recess I jumped off a bench, but the result was a teacher telling me off. After school I got onto the roof of our house. There was a swimming pool right next to the house so I wouldn't get hurt if I didn't fly. Now that I write this down it seems weird. I jump, expecting to be a big splash as I fail to fly. Surprisingly, up I went. Oh no, I feel my powers starting to fade, suddenly splash! I fell into the pool. Then I realised what the 'wizard' meant. Careful, the spell isn't complete.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!