Lazy Hal

Once upon a time, on a small farm, a storm was brewing nearby. All of the farm animals were starting to worry. Only one, fat, lazy cow couldn't be bothered to do anything. This cow is Hal and all he does all day is sleep, eat and watch TV. Mal, a little mouse comes up to Hal and warns him of the impending danger. Mal is a hard-working mouse that is practically the opposite of Hal. He is fun and playful, speedy and agile and also very energetic. Mal told Hal to about how to get ready for the storm. Hal boasted that he was going to be alright and that he could withstand a tsunami. Mal said that he should get ready anyway. Hal told Mal he would do it as soon as he got a chance.

Thunder rolled through the farm. Lightning danced among the dark clouds, threatening to strike the poor, little farm. Mal and all the other farm animals fled to their homes in fear. Except for Hal. Hal was already in his supposedly 'safe' house watching TV. He was eating a bowl of grass and watching "Farm and Away" when the creek that the animals got their water from filled with water. Soon it became a river. Then it burst its banks and flooded the whole farm. All the other farm animals were safe because they had taken the time to storm-proof their houses.Hal was staring to worry now. He wondered if he would be alright. Suddenly, water gushed through the walls and overturning everything. Hal was thrown out the window and onto the grass. He lay unconscious.

Hal woke up with lots of animals crowding around around him. Mal spoke up and (in a stern voice) said to Hal "And that is why you should never leave important things for later." Hal promised he would always be organised from now on.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!