The Fire Stone

Bang! A deafening sound filled the barren land. Josh landed on a thick dusty road. With a muffled cry he stood up and scoured his surrounds clutching at his bleeding hand, he needed to get the Fire Stone. He had prided himself of being agile, adventurous and risk-taking but by hearing the cavern’s name goose bumps covered his skin. He paced nervously to the Caverns. A shiver ran down his spine.
When he arrived at the Lava Caverns sunset had already happened. There was no soul anywhere, or was there…
As he entered them thick black smoke danced in the air. ”I can’t see anything,” he yelled while being frustrated. As he walked into the smoke he blindly felt for something to hold. He was lost in the middle of nowhere. Suddenly he remembered the legendary sword he had got. He held its cold hilt and shouted, “AIR POWER!” He swung the sword and a gust of wind came and blew the thick smoke away. He smiled happily.
As he ventured into the caverns he spotted a puddle of lava floating towards him. That’s odd he thought. He crept to see why it was moving, suddenly it came towards him at full speed and trapped him in a corner. He felt the scorching heat of the lava. It came closer and closer… Abruptly an idea came to his mind, he jumped, held onto the jagged edges of the rock and hopped away. He was saved again.
With a great roar the burning lava turned into the most powerful beast in the realm. It reared up on its hind legs and locked eyes with Josh. He could see the evil and fury in its red eyes. He realized, “A centaur,” he yelled. As it ran around him its golden mane whooshed in the moonlight. When it jumped over a puddle of lava he saw its strong muscular legs. It revealed its weapons lava spears and arrows he was in trouble…
With a roar of rage the beast charged towards him shooting 100 arrows. Josh expertly dodged them and shot a freezing water blast from his sword. As soon as it touched the centaur it howled in pain. As the centaur kept attacking with dangerous arrows, suddenly he got an idea… He got his sword and shouted, “WATER POWER”, dodged the arrows and mercilessly stabbed the centaur.
It roared in agony, fell to the ground and rived in agony. Suddenly Josh heard a clink on the ground.” The Fire Stone,” he exclaimed. As the mighty beast lay on the ground Josh saw and black and purple portal open up in front of him. As he stepped into it he thought, it is all over.
With a big thump Josh landed in Little ton's town square. As he placed the stone into the statue everyone came flooding into it. That night there was a grand feast and there was everyone’s favorite… Chicken Soup. Josh murmured, ”Finally everyone is safe.”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!