Stolen Sisters

Excellence Award in the 'Spread The Word 2017' competition

It was a cold, gloomy day. The sky was a medium shade of grey, almost like a thunderstorm was coming.
Avia and her sister Annie, were playing catch in their backyard. “Annie! What have you done?” The girls looked at each other like they’d just seen a ghost. The ball went over Avia’s head, rolled down a path made of dirt, leaves and moss. When it came to a stop, it was in the haunted forest.
The legend goes, In the early 1900’s a lady was living in a cabin with her two small children. One winters day, her children wandered onto the frozen lake, fell under the ice and drowned. Their mother was so heartbroken that she ended her own life. They say her ghost is still in the forest, searching for children to take and keep as her own.
Avia decided she is the oldest, so she should go into the forest. “Avia, be careful,” said Annie. As Avia got closer to the ball, she felt like someone was watching her. The temperature got icy cold, there was a loud crash of thunder. Avia squealed, grabbed the ball and ran. “You scared me Avia” said Annie, “Don’t worry, I was scared too”
They heard their mother calling “Girls, dinner is ready, come inside.”
After dinner, the girls were getting ready for bed. Avia was brushing her teeth when the lights went out. Her heart was pounding fast, she stepped backwards and felt someone behind her. “Annie, is that you?”
“Avia, I’m in my room, what are you talking about?” At that moment, the lights came back on and there was no one there.
After the girls were tucked into bed, Avia heard tapping on her window. She got up and opened the curtain. Avia could see a woman standing in her backyard in the rain. The woman had no shoes on and was wearing a long, white gown. She had jet black hair that was covering her face, except for one eye that was peering up at her. Avia was so scared, she ran into Annie’s room but Annie’s bed was empty. “Annie! Where are you?” There was only silence. Annie’s window was open, Avia knew exactly who took her sister. She also knew that she would have to give herself to the ghost-woman of the forest, to be with her sister again.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!