New Again

I took a huge deep breath. My lungs filled with air then I let my breath go. They were like a balloon, all blown up then all of a sudden they popped. I took my first step into my new school, well I didn’t feel new. I had already done this three times this year and it was only April. I walked across the deserted corridor, all of a sudden I felt the lonely abandoned feeling that I felt every time I stepped into a new school. I looked at all the plain navy blue doors, with rusty old numbers that hung crooked on the door. I turned the corner to find my classroom. The door looked about hundred years old. I opened the creaking door and got the first glimpse of what my classroom, my classmates and my teacher looked like. The first sight was of my teacher bending over, with her gigantic bottom sticking straight at me. The teacher turned around and shouted “ What are you doing just standing there, you stupid girl go sit down”. I ran and sat down onto an empty seat. “You stupid little brat, don’t you know your manners state your name” the teacher shouted. I stood up and looked around, everyone was staring. I stammered “My name is Riley” I whispered. “Well since I’m politer than you my name is Mrs. Prinkbottom”. Ding Ding “All you rotten children get out and don’t come back” Mrs. Prinkbottom yelled. I walked outside and tried to look for someone from my class. I found a group of girls sitting under a giant tree. I walked over and said. “Hey I’m Riley, can I sit down with you”. Then all of a sudden an beautiful girl approached me and spoke in a sharp voice. “I’ll talk for everyone, you can sit here, but by yourself. Oh and don’t talk to us again, new kid”. And off they walked leaving me alone. I sat and asked myself. “What is wrong with me?” A week later I figured out what it was going to be like for the rest of the year. Every single day I got called the new kid and I sat all alone under the tree eating my lunch, while girls laughed and giggled at me. I felt stupid and amazed by how rude people can be. It was nearly the end of the year when a girl with blonde hair and shiny pink glasses approached me and said “ Hi! I’m Ella, can I sit with you?” I was so happy a real friend. “Sure Ella, oh! and my name is Riley” I replied cheerfully. It was the morning of the next day and I was walking down the corridor. I didn’t feel alone anymore. I opened the class door and all I saw was a smiling face of my best friend Ella. I don’t care what people think of me anymore because I have a friend.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!