Knocked Out!

‘Hoooooooooonk.’ The siren blew. The game has started. The two lanky ruckmen went hard at the ball and jumped so high they nearly touched the moon. Sean was our ruckman, he had a fringe that covered his eyes, his arms and legs were as long as a giraffe’s arms and legs. Sean tapped it to me, I crumbed the ball and bombed the ball into the forward line to the smallest guy in my team. His name was Larry. We all call him Little Larry. While the ball was drifting through the air, Larry leaped up onto the guy’s shoulders and took one of the best marks I have ever seen. He walked back to kick the goal. He lined up and ran in to have a shot. Off the boot, it drifted a little to the right but a gust of wind came and the ball floated a bit to the left. It was a goal!

At the end of the quarter the scores were 6 - 0. We were winning. ‘Hoooooooooonk’ The siren blew the second quarter. The lanky boys went hard at it again. I picked it up and as i was going to look who to pass it to, BANG! I lied on the ground, knocked out. My coach David ran out to me, well thats what they said anyway. Everyone’s Dads ran out to help me and luckily David use to be a paramedic so he knew what to do.

The ambulance flew around the corner and as soon as they drove into the entrance, they drove onto the ground.

Dad stepped away and called Mum. “Hello,” said Mum, “How’s Will going?”
“Ahhh, not so well,” Dad relied.
“Why’s that?”
“He has been knocked out and the ambulance came and picked him out and he is on his way to the hospital now.”
“Okay. I’ll meet you there.” Mum was obviously confused and a bit upset.

I was really confused, why the paramedic was asking me so many questions. We were approaching the hospital and I was getting a bit nervous about what they were going to do to me. The paramedics took me in and gave me a room and a bed. the doctor came in and checked me out, his name was Dr.Henry. He was as short as an ant and the most weirdest hair i’ve ever seen. First he flashed a light in my eyes to check something, I had no clue what he was doing. Secondly he banged on my knee to check my reflexes. I passed both of them.

Dr. Henry said to Mum that she has to check my pupils every our and keep an eye on me when I'm sleep. I stayed home for a week and when I went back to school iI felt famous. Everyone was asking me so many questions. In the end our footy team won and now where into the finals.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!