Darkness

Excellence Award in the 'Spread The Word 2017' competition

There was pain, It was like he could feel each layer of skin ripping open and then a wild rushing river of blood pouring out. Except for the pain there was darkness, it was luring, tempting, he knew it would take away the pain, but he knew he couldn't give in to it, as he had one thing to live for, the light.


Jason was a 12 year old boy. The only thing that was weird was his friends, because they were imaginary. One day when Jason decided he would play with his imaginary friends, they came to life. Jason rubbed his eyes but they were still there, and that's when he found out about the Peryator. The Peryator were a group of people who used to believe in God until they found out about the devil and turned against God. Jason decided he would restore the light, he would be the courageous hero that saved the world.



Jason had set off on his journey to the depths of the earth, the only problem was he didn't know how to get there. He had no time to think about that for his time was running out. Night went away as dawn arose, he had to keep walking. He had been walking for 4 days straight, he had little food and water left. He didn't think he would last much longer. Then he seen it, it was the portal to hell. He had nothing to lose so he jumped in.


All he heard was silence, all he saw was darkness but what he felt was pain. The pain was excruciating, it was blinding, he was so confused. Why was he in so much pain? Was his life going to end before he had even completed his mission? He really hoped not. All of a sudden, the pain stopped. There was a sign, Jason shakily got up and stumbled over to it. It was a prophecy, the prophecy said: The darkness is everywhere surrounding, engulfing. We have known nothing but the dark. There is nothing but darkness. Then two hands from the gloom joined together to create something new..... light. It sparks into life and radiates throughout worlds, for now we see our universe in full. Planets explode into view, stars, moons, solar systems and nebulas hardening the call of the four hands.

The Peryator was trying to repeat history, they were trying to make the dark times return, but Jason wouldn't let them. He was all of sudden blinded by, wait... was that the light. He has found it he had saved the world. His cries for joy soon ended as he was again suffocated by blinding pain. He was hurting to much to scream, instead he kneeled down, he almost gave into the darkness but he couldn't for he was this close to the light. He pushed past the pain, he had to get there so close. He did it, he had ridden the world of the treacherous darkness and the light once again was radiating around the world. He had become a hero.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!