Scars

The scars that litter my body will not hold me down, will not make me stop, will not make me frown.
At the start, I would look at them and they would break my heart, remembering how I got them, every single one, not only physical but emotional, leaving me undone
It was the pain at first that had me scared, just the thought of it made me want to run, then it was the memory, it would never leave, replaying every day, making me uneasy, the feeling would not be pleased.
I thought I was at the end, there was no light in the tunnel, closing in on me ever so subtle.
Then I saw it, a light shining through, pulling me through the darkness, helping me finish the race that I had started.
I could not move at first, too scared to make the step, I was use to the darkness, no matter how much it was full of regret.
But they helped me through, the people I love, one step at a time until I was above.
Now looking back it was a hard time
The darkness almost caught me more than one time, but it has made me strong, I will never forget the memories and the people who have made me strong.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!