I Am Running

I am running. I am running really fast. From a monster, that is really tall. G’ day my name is Will, William Skid. Do not ask me why. Ask me who I am running from. Well that is a funny question, I just don’t know. I’m sweating like mad. This is when you think, wow, Sydney is hot. It’s also when you think, man the playground is long. When really it’s only about 20 metres long.

“Will, over here!” screamed my teacher Miss Ice. I ran into the classroom and slammed the door behind me. Everyone had their eyes glued to me until my friend Joe said “Are you alright mate?” I then said “The question is Joe, are we alright?” I said, pointing to the monster. It had huge green eyes, with its mouth as big as a human face. Its fur was as thick as it gets, and its legs …it did not have any. It was like a floating bigfoot. Mr. Wreck our science teacher ran in and shouted something that was not quite clear. But I had faith in Mr. Wreck, even if it was against a floating bigfoot. He ran outside and started to sprint after this monster. The monster started whizzing away from Mr. Wreck. Everyone had their eyes stuck to the windows shouting at Mr. Wreck “You can do it!” and “Behind you Mr. Wreck” until it sped away and out of sight.

Mr. Wreck did not turn up for days. He was obviously shocked about what happened on Monday. Which meant our science excursion was with Mr. Bull, the world’s worst most boring man ever. We are learning about natural habitats and how they are being stolen for money. You know how you see those X‘s marked on trees, and how they chop them down. Yep that’s it. It’s way worse than that climbing tree competition we were going to do with Mr. Wreck. All Joe and I could think about was floating bigfoot. Mr. Bull was mumbling something about trees. Until I heard whizzing around and boom! Something had smashed. Joe and I were in the back of the line. I thought, perfect!

I whispered into Joe’s ear “Joe, did you hear that?”
“Yeah it sounds like floating bigfoot” said Joe.
“Let’s go” I mumbled back.

We ran back, nothing was there. We started to go into the trees. Until… “Oh my!” shrieked Joe, “Come over here”. I started to waddle back to him, I watched my step. Something tapped my back. I turned around … to see…Joe was …holding up a drone. “I caught the monster, it was a drone with a wig on”, said Joe. “I wonder who did it? I said, maybe it was Mr. Bull, to get rid of Mr. Wreck?” I had an idea. We were running back towards Mr Bull.

The next thing I did was dumb, but worth it. “Yo everyone”, I shouted, “I caught the monster”. Mr. Bull got caught. So did I.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!