TERRA

"Ahh," I called. "Where have you taken me?"
"Stop your whining," Terra snaped.
It just occured to me that you kind of missed the start so basically...
I go to a dig sight, sister gets mad, meet talking bird, bird turns into dinosaur, dinosaur explains for ten minutes that she's a Pterasaur spelled with a 'p' and...
"You'll call a Troodon over and they 'aint pretty". Terra explained to him in mild amusment.
"Why bring me here?" I asked
"Because,Jake,you dishonour past creatures like a pile of chew toys forgetting what they have been through, somehow chewtoys are better than the catastophe that happened millions of years ago?" She snapped
"they are just a pile of bones" Jake retaliated.
"REALY?"
"Then how about a little game? Live through a day of what dinosaurs went through, survive the day all is good, you know the rest. Good luck you'll really need it"
The day was tough, I swear I almost died ten times. Terra came and went but she never said I had to survive the Night!
The arrival of the cold moist nightmare night was worse than anything I had ever encountered.
"Rowaa",they screeched.
"Aghh!, What are THEY?" Jake cried out.
"Pay more attention to your uncle next time. They are Velociraptors. Worst of the worst!" Terra called.
Jake scampered up the tree like a tree-frog, but so did the Velociraptors, give or take.
"What do you suggest?" he called panicking like any normal person in this situation.
"Velociraptors," Terra began. "Small, fast, take down five times their own size, probably maybe bigger. I don't know!"
"Get on with IT!"
"Don't give up easily but do know when they have to. KNOCK 'EM OFF!" Terra called as if this was a gladiator fight.
They were close now, too close. Heavy snorting and growling right on my heel.
"GROWW!!"
Pain seared through my leg as their hooked claw scraped my bare flesh.
"OWWWW! Jake screamed.
"HELP!"
Kicking and twisting.
Screaming and yelling. Dino and human.
All was black, blacker than the darkest night in a storm. Only later did Terra tell me I fainted. She wouldn't stop cackling like a grandma telling a terrible joke.
"Thanks a lot you bag 'a bones!" I yelled.
I launched at the Terra but she swiftly dodged.
"This bag 'a bones saved your Worthless LIfe!"
"Really well my foot appreciates it!"
"Glad to hear someone doesn't smell as bad as you AND appreciates what I did!" Terra retaliated.
After a long argument, I won't make you sit through, we came to our senses and I was so kind as to let Terra believe she saved me.
"Jake?"
"Fine, thank you Terra!"
"I returned home with Terra who became a parrot again and things happened for the better
"Mind you he strongly became good at history."
"Sigh! Thankyou Terra."
"As I was saying I became a full fledged paleontologist along with an unpleasant younger sister who according to Terra is somehow better than me."
I think this part is over.
'Wait I..."
"Bye!"
".....Want to speak!"
"Seeyouguys and Terra shush!"
"BYE!"

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!