The Floating Island

BOOM!

I wake up on a floating island in the clouds. I look down I’m a long way from home. I fall off the floating island.

SPLASH!

I land in a ginormous river near a cave. I run to the cave. I recognise it. I walk into it. I see a teensy bear. I walk towards it. He slowly walks up to me and scratches my face. “Hey!” I say. “What was that for?” I walk out of the cave away from the bear. I feel something tugging on my T-shirt. I look behind me. And I see the little bear. He climbs onto my head. I ignore him. I walk towards a little hut. I read the sign. It says ‘Ryan’s Hut’, which is my hut. I slowly open the door. Inside it I see my two kittens called Fluffy and Mittens. I walk into my room. The window is smashed. I see a gold baton on the ground. I pick it up. I jump out the window. I walk back into the cave. I find a lava pit. I throw the gold baton into the lava pit. I walk back into my little hut. I look on my head in the mirror. The bear is still on my head. I slowly take him off. I say to the bear “I’m going to name you Tiddly Winkles” Tiddly Winkles jumps around. I think he’s happy. I make a little cotton basket for Tiddly Winkles to sleep in. Then me and Tiddly Winkles go to sleep.

In the morning, I wake up on the same floating island as before! I walk into a house. And it has all my furniture and all of my other things. I walk out of the house. And I see Tiddly Winkles, Fluffy and Mittens in a cage! I look at the cage closely I see a lock on it. “I will find the key and get you out of the cage” I say to them. I go looking for the key. I look on a cloud mountain, I see a golden key. I climb up onto the mountain and try to grab the key. But there is an invisible shield around it. All of a sudden, a guy in black jumps onto the cloud mountain. The guy in black pulls out a silver spear from his cloak. Then I pull out a pocket knife for my pocket. Me and the black guy start battling. He knocks me down onto the ground. He’s about to stab me. All of a sudden, a girl jumps in front of me and stabs the black cloak guy. The black guy’s eyes glow red. He disappears.

The force field turns off. I ask the girl her name. She said her name is Keira. Keira grabs the key and gives it to me. “thanks” I say. I go over to the cage and unlock it. Tiddly Winkles, Fluffy and Mittens ran out. Now we were all happy!

To Be Continued

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!